Saturday, April 25, 2009

BIG ISLAND TIME

these beautiful, wise, pre historic beings of the most incredible animal species I have ever seen, slowly inch themselves up to shore line to take a rest.  most tourists get in their way, take photographs and ooh and ah, myself being one of them until i was told, "they are trying to sleep"  the are so still they almost look as if there is no life left in them.  graceful and kind, they find small nooks on secluded beaches far away from the mountains of modern life.








The "Kings Trail"  an incredible, on going trail of about 28 miles or so, stretches over a fast amount of hardened lava rock.  With each step your legs get black with dust and the crunch of clay meets furnace sounds reminds me of just enormous kiln.  




the little man i "saved" from the indoors.  my connection is slow, and the connection between the waves in my brain are even slower, what can i say, i am on island time.